Sweaters and blankets were the accessory of choice for many dogs and their owners during the Suncoast Animal League's seventh Annual Mutt March on Saturday at Highlander Park.
Despite cold temperatures, furry, four-legged friends participated in crazy contests and a Mutt March pledge walk, helping to raise $34,433 for Suncoast Animal League between Mutt March and Dogtoberfest in November
Show off your photos from Mutt March 2013! Just click the "Upload Photos and Video" button above to add them to the community scrapbook.
The following is a list of contest winners and a tally of the amount raised during the Mutt March pledge drive, according to Beth Winship of Suncoast Animal League:
Pet-Owner Look-Alike Contest
- First place: Harley and owner Richard
- Second place: Mirabelle and owner Bernadette
- Third place: Precious and owner Bernice
Fido Idol Contest
- First place: Amarillo and owner Anne
- Second place: Jack and owner Ana
- Third place: Dingo and owner Mary Ann
Dancing with the Paws Contest (contest had two entries)
- First place: Nugget and owner Gina (see video)
- Second place: Sara and owner Alexis (see video)
Pledge 4 Paws Pledge Drive grand total: $34,433
This pledge drive took place during two Suncoast Animal League events: Dogtoberfest in November 2012 and Mutt March in February 2013.
Pledge 4 Paws Pledge Drive: Individual Winners
- First place: "Hans," Katherine Wells, $4,147.00 raised
- Second place: "Roman," Pamela Truax, $3,671.00 raised
- Third place: "Gabby," Maria Platow, $2,949.93 raised
Pledge 4 Paws Pledge Drive- Team Winners
- First place: Team "T.C.B." (stands for Taking Care of Business)
- Second place: Team "P.A.M." (stands for Pups Against Mills)
- Third place: Team "Bling It On"
Subscribe to the Dunedin Patch newsletter to have local news delivered to your email each day. Sign up here.