Feb. 13 marked the beginning of Lent for Roman Catholics and several other Christian denominations.
Lent is a 40-day period of prayer and fasting in preparation for Easter, the Christian celebration of Jesus's rising from the dead. The practice also involves abstaining from meat on Fridays throughout Lent, leaving many turning to seafood dinners.
To help make eating out easier, we found several organizations, restaurants and churches that offer fish dinner specials on Fridays.
Here are some options to explore:
- Fish Dinners at Knights of Columbus #5635
- Friday Fish Fry at Dunedin Golf Club
- Dining: Friday Night Fish Fry at Honeymoon Island State Park
- Friday Night Fish Fry at Cafe Alfresco
- Fish & Shrimp Fry at Veterans of Foreign Wars Dunedin-Palm Harbor Post 2550
- All You Can Eat Fish Fry at Eddie's Bar & Grill
- Shrimp Boil Number 3 at Church of the Good Shepherd
Did we miss a Friday fish event in Dunedin? Add it to the calendar and we'll feature it here where everyone can see it!