Dunedin's annual Diversity Week unity breakfast kicks off a year's worth of diverse events that unify various cultures.
The unity breakfast is Saturday, 8:30 a.m. at the . It includes free pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon and fruit, organizer Greg Svendgard, city athletics coordinator, said.
During breakfast, participants will hear from keynote speaker Randy Lighfoot, a professor from St. Pete College, and the student winners of the Diversity Week essay contest.
After breakfast (10 a.m.), everyone marches to to watch lively performances from area churches and students.
Svendgard said this year's lineup includes:
- The choir.
- Christ Church of Universal Love choir.
- True Vine Missionary Baptist choir.
- The steppers.
Dunedin celebrates these culturally diverse events throughout the year:
- Chinese New Year Celebration (Jan. 20) in Pioneer Park
- Mardi Gras (Feb 21) Main Street
- St. Patricks Day (March 17)
- Highland Games (April 21)
- Cinco De Mayo (May 5)
- OctoBEERFest (October)
- Fall Festival (October)
- Celtic Festival (Nov. 19)