Drink a beer, save a dog, say organizers of the Dunedin Beerfest.
Dunedin House of Beer and Olde Bay Café are bringing Tampa Bay Beer Week festivities to Edgewater Park on March 9 for the third consecutive year.
Proceeds help Dunedin Doggie Rescue, a local non-profit foster network that rescues dogs from area kill shelters.
Beerfest is a free, daylong family-friendly event featuring live music at the Edgewater Park gazebo, food, and dozens of local craft brews.
Olde Bay Café is serving up food like smoked chicken and pork, fish tacos and hamburgers, and a wine tent will be available.
The 2013 Live Music Lineup:
- Michael Nichols, local singer, songwriter; noon
- Steve Arvey, legendary blues musician; 3 p.m.
- Shakemode, headliner; 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Jimmy Needs Meds, afterparty starting at 10 p.m. at Dunedin House of Beer
Beerfest is all day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Drink tickets will be on sale for $5 each. For more information, see Dunedin House of Beer's event details on Patch.
Tampa Bay Beer Week is a weeklong festival that celebrates the area as a worldwide craft beer destination from March 2-10. See more ongoing Tampa Bay Beer Week events throughout the region.
Upcoming Tampa Bay Beer Week Events in Dunedin:
- Dunedin Smokehouse Sets Collaboration Beer Dinner Menu for Tampa Bay Beer Week (Wednesday, March 6)
- (Thursday, March 7)
Get more local events delivered right to your inbox or smartphone daily with the free Dunedin Patch newsletter.