A Dunedin Sweetbay Supermarket, at 1681 Main St., is among 33 under performing stores in Florida scheduled to close in Feburary, the grocer's parent company announced Wednesday.
Around 2,000 people will lose their jobs in Florida as a result of the closings, according to TBO.
"They are simply underperforming stores," said Sweetbay spokeswoman Nicole LeBeau. "Some of them, the leases were coming up, and just based on the sales of the stores they were selected."
The Delhaize Group, which owns Sweetbay, made the announcement Wednesday as it released its 2012 annual report.
Here is the list of Pinellas County stores:
- 1861 N Highland Ave., Clearwater
- 6095 Ninth Ave. N, St. Petersburg
- 955 62nd Ave. S, St. Petersburg
- 1794 22nd St. S, St. Petersburg
- 4665 66th St. N, Kenneth City
- 7580 49th St. N, Pinellas Park
- 3400 E. Lake Road, Palm Harbor
- 1943 U.S. Alt. 19 N, Tarpon Springs