1. The nation's first affordable green homes — Dunedin's Eco Village — are one step closer to construction.
2. About 80 residents and city leaders and law enforcement officials met for a community meeting earlier this week, with the bulk of the conversation focused on Southside neighborhood crime and criticism directed at Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri. The sheriff said rooting out drug dealers is not as easy as it may appear. What do you think should be done?
3. Suncoast Animal League's Dogtoberfest 2012 at Highlander Park featured a doggie costume contest, talent contest, running of the wieners and more on Saturday. Check out our recap and some awesome photos!
4. Fans of Tony's Pizzeria, a fixture in downtown Clearwater, can rejoice. The popular pizza shop opened its expanded downtown Dunedin location earlier this month at 320 Main St.
5. that killed his passenger, Michael Graziano, turned himself into authorities when he learned a warrant was out for his arrest. Bosley was charged with felony DUI manslaughter.