1. Fan Appreciation Night at
- When: Friday, Aug. 31, 6:30 p.m., gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- Why go? Your attendance could help save the life of a little girl in need of open heart surgery. A live auction of baseball memoribilia goes to offset the expense of . Also, the first 500 fans get a free Darol Knowles bobblehead. Game features the ; $6
- When: Saturday, Sept. 1, 7 to 9 p.m.
- Why go? Up to five bowlers can play unlimited games, shoes included. Bumpers available on every lane, as well as lightweight balls for kids; $30.
- When: Sunday, Sept. 2, noon
- Why go? from the Sunset Bridge Band is performing live. Also, a mobile vet is offering low-cost vaccines (including rabies) and heartworm tests. Vendors of doggie products also will be available, according to the Patch calendar listing. Prices vary depending on dog size and service ($3 to $11)
4. White Party at
- When: Sunday, Sept. 2 starting at 7 p.m.
- Why go? If live reggae music on the Blur patio, a deejay spinning inside, and happy hour prices all day isn't enough, then maybe the $50 bar tab prizes for the guy and the gal wearing the best white outfit will entice you. (It's the last chance to wear white before Labor Day!) And as a bonus, you'll have all day Monday to recover before you go back to work.
- When: Monday, Sept. 3, noon to 6 p.m.
- Why go? Nothing says end of summer like a pool party next to the tiki bar with live music from Trigger City Trio; free to attend.