1) We're in for a lovely day! Expect patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, it should be mostly sunny with a high near 81 and light winds, the National Weather Service says. Tonight's low is around 63.
2) Need a cheap fill-up before the weekend? The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.68 (cash, regular) at the , on TampaGasPrices.com.
3) It's Friday! That means several things. First and foremost, no meat for those observing Lent. Here's a link to some local fish fries this evening. Second, it means fun things going on about town: the and the . Third, it means St. Paddy's Day is tomorrow! Which ?
4) Runners and non-runners alike are invited to the celebratory St. Patrick's Day Flanagan's 5K and Dunedin Duathlon pre-race beer and pasta dinner at this evening, organizers say. The $10 dinner includes a bowl of pasta (prepared by ), bread and a draft beer or soft drink (6 p.m.). Pre-registered runners can also pick up their T-shirts. A race registration table opens for the last time before the race from 7 to 8 p.m.
5) . It is openining a third location in Oakbrook Plaza off McMullen Booth and Enterprise Roads in Clearwater. The popular neighborhood sports bar on Main Street (State Road 580) first came to Dunedin in 1998, where it became later became known as Norton's Northside. Norton's also has a location off Drew Street in Clearwater that opened in 2005 (). (Here is more info on the new Norton's Eastside opening)