1) The National Weather Service forecast: Expect tropical storm conditions, showers, thunderstorms and a high near 89. Heat index values may get as high as 101.
- Winds: east southeast 26 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph.
- Tonight: Tropical storm conditions may continue. Low around 80 and winds 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.
2) The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.64 (cash, regular) at the , 1001 Broadway, on TampaGasPrices.com.
3) Both the and Pinellas County Schools are closed today because of the threat of Tropical Storm Isaac. It may be a good Redbox movie day if you're looking for things to do with the kids. Check close locations here.
4) Two well-known mural artists are reportedly now leasing studio space at on Douglas Avenue. and were both at on Broadway. Hamilton is famed for her pet murals in Dunedin and several cities across Tampa Bay. Spathelf is known for the oranges painted on more than 160 buildings around town. He at the Institute for Creative Arts.
5) Have you seen the huge aeroponic garden towers at ? The Tower Garden grows almost all the vegetables, fruits, flowers and herbs you could imagine growing at home — without the need for soil. Chefs have reportedly been using some of the herbs in their in-house creations.