1) It's Cinco de Mayo! Here's what you need to know if you plan to attend Casa Tina's . You can also support any of Dunedin's other Mexican restaurants with an early lunch:
- , 1409 Main St.
- , 2020 Bayshore Blvd.
- , 404 Patricia Ave.
2) It's not too late to register for the Dunedin Triathlon on June 10 at . The race includes biking, swimming and running. Course lengths vary depending on age group. Registration is between $45 and $155 depending on whether you compete as an individual or as a team. Quick link to more info and registration.)
3) Watch local artists compete in an open-air painting competition at the Botanical Gardens in Largo Sunday for the first ever . Dunedin Fine Art Center will be giving watercolor and pottery demonstrations, and Dunedin Patch will be running a kid-friendly craft table! Come say hello!
4) Need a cheap weekend fill up? The lowest reported gas price on TampaGasPrices.com in Dunedin is $3.61 (cash, regular) at the , 1001 Broadway.
5) Weekend Weather and Tide Times: Saturday's weather outlook is sunny and calm (Sunday may bring storms), but if you decide to go beachin', kayaking, boating or fishing, here's the weekend tide times from Friends of the Island Parks:
High 12:23 a.m. (2.5) and 11:43 a.m. (3.0)
Low 6:08 a.m. (0.8) and 6:52P p.m. (-0.7)
High 1:15 a.m. (2.5) and 12:23 p.m. (3.1)
Low 6:50 a.m. (0.9) and 7:39 p.m. (-0.8)