1) Need to fill up on the cheap? The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.61 (cash, regular) at the , 1001 Broadway, on TampaGasPrices.com.
2) Dunedin officials extended the city's original timeframe for completing all of its downtown revitalization plans by 15 years last year, a move that could affect the county's financing. The county commission considers Dunedin's extension in an official public meeting on May 22, according to Tampa Bay Newspapers Weekly. The county would look at adjusting its financial contributions only if the extension is approved. So far, the county has contributed more than $2.5 million to Dunedin's downtown redevelopment efforts (over more than 20 years).
3) FDOT approved the city's recent request to create one of two requested golf cart crossings. A state engineer approved a crossing that will connect the Dunedin Marina and Edgewater Park to downtown (at Alternate 19 and Monroe Street), but the request for a crossing that would connect the golf cart zones north and south of State Road 580 (at Bass Boulevard and Main Street) was denied.
4) Ready to paint the town PURPLE tomorrow?! Dunedin Relay for Life organizers invite those not walking to show support by tying a purple ribbon to your mailbox, car, window (or wherever else you can imagine), or just wear purple for the 287 people ready to walk all night in honor of loved ones! Dunedin's Relay for Life kicks off tomorrow (Friday) at 6 p.m. at . Earlier this week, organizers publicized that 20 teams had raised $37,205 for the Dunedin chapter of the American Cancer Society.
5) Area families needs your help! Schools will soon let out for the summer and many kids in struggling families will be at home, so Patch has joined Dunedin businesses to help stock the summer food closet supply. Our goal is to collect 2,000 pounds. You can help by dropping a canned good or non-perishible food item at any of the following Dunedin businesses:
- , 730 Broadway, Suite 5
- , 730 Broadway, Suite 4
- , 471 Main St.
- , 712 Broadway
- , 638 Skinner Blvd.
- , 513 Main St.
- , 360 Douglas Ave.