1) The National Weather Service forecast: Expect a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms; otherwise, it'll be partly sunny with a high near 86. Tonight's low is 74, with a continued chance for showers and thunderstorms.
2) The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.65 (cash, regular) at St. George Gas Service, 2000 Bayshore Blvd, according to TampaGasPrices.com.
3) Are you the proud owner of an antique or classic car? Sign up and show it off for the Dunedin Car Show set for Oct. 20! Call 727-433-2300.
4) Have you bought your underwear for the Dunedin Public Library's underwear drive yet? The drive takes place Sept. 24 until Oct. 24. Library officials really want to beat last year's tally of 927 pairs. The underwear goes to a children's clothing charity called Clothes to Kids.
5) We may not be able to go apple picking in Florida, so the Pinellas County 4-H Association is bringing the orchard to us as part of an annual fundraiser. You can place orders until Oct. 1 for Yellow Delicious and Empire apples by the bushel or half bushel, and also pecans by the pound (halves or pieces). You can also order specialty pecans (chocolate-covered, chocolate cluster and cinnamon glaze). Place your orders online at http://pc4hassociation.org.