1) National Weather Service forecast: Expect (30 percent chance) scattered showers and thunderstorms starting around midday. Otherwise, it should be mostly sunny, with a high near 91, although heat index values will make it feel as high as 99. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon. Tonight's low is 76 with continued chance for isolated showers and thunderstorms.
2) The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.53 at the , 3000 Belcher Road, according to TampaGasPrices.com.
3) Ready for running weather? Two local races you should know about: is hosting a free poker 5K tonight starting at 6:15 (to give away Saucony items). Runners receive cards along the route. Person with the best poker hand at the end of the race wins Saucony running swag. Free food and beer. Also, it's time to sign up for the fifth annual OctoBEERfest (Sept. 29) at Dunedin Brewery.
4) The Florida Primary polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Voters are deciding between candidates in both parties for U.S. Senate, congress, the state legislature and Pinellas County Sheriff. If you are unsure of where to cast your vote, check your voter registration status online.
5) The Suncoast Animal League just announced the start of its pet calendar contest! Enter your pet for a $35 fee (cost includes one FREE calendar), and will appear in the calendar, regardless of the month winners. The Suncoast Animal League issued these links their contest rules and guidelines and entry form. (All animals welcome.)