1) The National Weather Service forecast: Partly sunny. High of 89, with heat index values as high as 99. Showers and thunderstorms (60 percent chance). Wind gusts up to 24 mph. Tonight: continued chance for showers. Low is 79. Winds will begin to calm.
2) The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.67 at , 466 Patricia Ave, on TampaGasPrices.com.
3) The is making one last push this week for ! All backpacks go to kids in our local schools. Just drop off a new children's backpack at the youth services desk by Sept. 1 to ensure it gets to the BLP.
4) The same artist who brought many of the to Dunedin will soon be leaving his mark in Largo. , was awarded a contract to fabricate a three-foot, aluminum, lighted LARGO sign for the City of Largo's Parks and Recreation Department. Congrats, Arc Angels!
5) Business Before Hours originally scheduled at is canceled today, but Dunedin Chamber of Commerce wanted to remind everyone about "Streak for the Cure" that runs through October. Get a pink streak in your hair at Hair Factor and proceeds go toward the mammography voucher program at Morton Plant Mease, which helps uninsured women.