1) National Weather Service forecast: Expect scattered showers and thunderstorms (30 percent chance) around midday. Otherwise, it'll be mostly sunny with a high near 91; although heat index values will make it feel as high as 100. Tonight, expect continued isolated showers and thunderstorms, with a low around 76.
2) The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.53 (cash, regular) at the , 1001 Broadway, and the , 3000 Belcher Road, according to TampaGasPrices.com.
3) If you're taking down campaign yard signs after today, keep in mind. The school wants to reuse the wire stands so it doesn't have to purchase its own replacements for some signs that were damaged and worn out.
4) is the place to be on Friday. Target is providing free school supplies and eye exams; Parks & Recreation hosts a poolside showing of "Shark Tales"; there's also a children's book swap and backpack drive — all for a $2-a-person entry fee. (Children under 8 must be with an adult.) Concessions are available. (.)
5) You could win a free movie at Cobb Theatres (Westfield Countryside Mall). How? If you've got a ticket to the Dunedin Blue Jays vs Brevard County Manatees on Tuesday (6:30 p.m.) and the D-Jays win, Cobb Theatre is allowing fans to exchange their game ticket for one free movie ticket. (Here's more information.)