1) The National Weather Service forecast: Expect showers and thunderstorms after noon (70 percent chance). Otherwise, mostly cloudy with a high near 87. The chance for showers and thunderstorms continues into the night, with a low around 76.
2) The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.56 (cash, regular) at the , 1001 Broadway, on TampaGasPrices.com.
3) The opens a new traveling exhibit "The Maple Leaf: An American Civil War Shipwreck" on Friday. Union transport ship The Maple Leaf sank after being struck by a Confederate torpedo in the St. John's River near Jacksonville and remained there until 1984 ($2). The exhibit runs through much of January. Also, the Dunedin Historical Museum is accepting applicants for its Board of Directors. (More info on qualifications here.)
4) A reminder for members: Business After Hours is Thursday at Muvico Theatres Palm Harbor 10, 37912 US 19 N.
5) The Dunedin Blue Jays are giving out special edition Darold Knowles "then and now" bobbleheads to the first 500 fans at Fan Appreciation Night on Aug. 31. The Jays' and Threshers' former pitching coach was inducted into the Florida State League Hall of Fame last year. He was also pitched for the Oakland Althetics through three World Series Championships. First pitch is at 6:30 p.m., gates open at 5:30 p.m.; Game tickets are $6. (More info here.)