1) What to wear? Dress for a 20 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Otherwise, it should be partly sunny, with a high near 74. Light winds will grow stronger into the evening. It should bring clouds and a low around 49, according to the National Weather Service.
2) Need to fill up on the cheap? The lowest reported gas price in Dunedin is $3.17 at the , 1621 Main St (State Road 580); , 2198 Main St; and , 3000 Belcher Road, on TampaGasPrices.com.
3) Today is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. On this day in 1941, the Japanese bombed the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor, HI. The surprise air strike on America's warships claimed 2,400 American lives, wounded about 1,300 and sank four battleships and influenced the president's decision to enter World War II. Today, 1,177 bodies of service members still rest aboard the USS Arizona, which lays where it sank.
4) We heard from a bird (who may or may not be named ) that his first (long-awaited) fruit crate mural at is being revealed today. It's been Spathelf's dream to recreate the old fruit crate labels that mark Dunedin's orange grove and manufacturing past. More on that later!
5) Want to help make the holidays bright for someone who's fallen on hard times? Homeless Emergency Project is allowing community members to adopt a family this Christmas. You can donate gift cards for teens and single adults, imperishable food items, personal hygiene products and new linens. Contact Becca Adams at 727-442-9041, Ext. 135, to learn more.