You’ll find plenty to do right here in Dunedin. Here’s what not to miss:
- Ladies and gentlemen, start your golf carts. Friday marks the beginning of along many non-major roads in Dunedin. Drivers must get a permit for their golf carts, have a valid driver license and abide by all road rules. Carts must also meet certain safety requirements. Anyone interested in cruising around town in a golf cart can find more details here.
- Get your Orange on. Head to the second . From 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. you’ll find oranges galore at this family-friendly event in . The morning kicks off with the . After that you can join or watch the parade, visit the fun zone, enjoy great entertainment, vote for your favorite entries in the Mojo Cook-Off, congratulate the Scavenger Hunt winner and watch the new Dunedin Orange Queen get crowned.
- Join the Hometown USA Celebration. Exciting Minor League Baseball and fantastic fireworks await everyone ready to jumpstart the Independence Day festivities. There will also be entertainment from the Greg Billings Band, children’s activities and an autograph session at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Except for food and beverages, it’s all free thanks to event sponsor Budweiser! So grab the kids, park downtown and hop on board the offering free shuttle service to and from the stadium from 3:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- After-fireworks fun awaits. After the fireworks, head to Causeway Plaza, 2602 Bayshore Blvd., and register onsite for the . Three different runs are available, including the first one-mile run for walkers and runners beginning at 11 p.m., a longer 5K walk/run beginning at 11:25 p.m., and finally the runners-only 10K Midnight Run beginning at 12:15 a.m. (Monday morning, July 4).
- Let someone else man the grill. If you’re lucky enough to get an extra day off, why work the grill when you don’t have to? Island Outpost Restaurant and Bar, 466 Causeway Blvd., offers all your July Fourth favorites including steaks, burgers, ribs and fish in a casual open-air environment. There’s also a kids' menu, full liquor bar, daily early bird specials, entertainment and misters to keep you cool. Call 727-286-6139.