Juggling your responsibilities and entertaining the kids is no easy task. Dunedin Patch is coming to the rescue, with the top 5 family-friendly activities in the area.
Here’s a list of this week’s events you can pick and choose from.
- Where/When: Dunedin Public Library, 223 Douglas Ave. Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- Why Go: Students ages 12 to 18 will participate in a variety of fun activities exploring new subjects with technology. Refreshments will be provided.
- Price: Free!
- Where/When: Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 750 San Salvador Dr. Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Bring your little tykes to Our Lady of Lourdes Church this week for an exciting and educational music class. Created by Maryann Harman, "Music With Mar." offers fun for both kids and adults through music.
- Price: $7 per family.
- Where/When: 10 Pier 60 Drive, Clearwater Beach. Friday at 6:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Bring the family to Clearwater's Pier 60 for a free film screening this Friday. Cozy up under a blanket on the beach and enjoy the family-friendly film on the jumbo screen. This week's movie is 2010's "Megamind," an animated comedy starring Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt and Tina Fey.
- Pricing: Free!
- Where/When: Pop Stansell Park, 797 Florida Ave in Palm Harbor. Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Bring the family to Palm Harbor's Pop Stansell Park for a free screening of the 1998 film "Babe: Pig in the City", starring Elizabeth Daily as the voice of Babe the Pig and James Cromwell as Farmer Hoggett. Cozy up under a blanket on the park's lawn and enjoy the movie with your kids. There will be food and drinks available for purchase on site.
- Price: Free!
- Where/When: Coachman Park, 301 Drew St. Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Join local radio stations Play 98.7, Maxima 92.5, WQYK 99.5 and Q105 for the 1st annual Tampa Bay Pet-a-Palooza. This pet-friendly event will feature a wide selection of pet products , look alike contests, costume competitions, photo booths and more than 40 animal shelter, rescues and other organizations. Whether you're looking for a new furry addition to your family or bringing the family out for a fun afternoon, you'll surely have a great time. Guests will enjoy a full day of live music, food, and an array of other treats.
- Pricing: $10 per person, Children 10 years and younger free.