Chef John Lewis made it his personal quest to be your resource for all things happy hour. He's comparing hours, pricing, and the four main components of a good Happy Hour experience: bartender, ambience, friendly atmosphere and social network. Join Chef John's Happy Hour Club here each week and journey with him through the downtown bars in search of the perfect happy hour.
First up, . Here's what I found:
Details: Full bar
- Even though they allow smoking inside, it seems well ventilated and clean. The owners are very friendly and have great senses of humor.
- 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days per week
- Wines by the glass, $1 off
- Beers, $1 off drafts, 50 cents off domestic bottles
- Mixed Drinks, well drinks are $2.75, including tax
If you go:
- 520 Douglas Ave., 727-723-9463
Next Thursday, Chef John visits . Check out the bar before next week's column and you can share your assessment with "The Happy Hour Club."
Read more about .