.

Chlorine Leak Causes County Road 1 Closure

The road was blocked off near the Pipers Glen neighborhood.

Updated 2:45 p.m.

The City of Dunedin reports that a small leak in a chlorine tank at the  caused part of County Road 1 to be closed Sunday.

Officials posted this Facebook notice:

"This did not affect the water quality, the water is safe. The leak was fixed promptly with no issues or effects on public safety. Please note this if you receive any emails or read false postings about the water quality."

The road was closed from Falcon Drive to San Christopher Drive.

Fire trucks and emergency personnel had swarmed the scene around noon and were parked in front of the

Several readers alerted Dunedin Patch to the road closure.

Stay tuned to Patch for updates.

Rudy Caparros December 20, 2012 at 01:14 AM
WARNING: FIRST RESPONDERS' use of THE CHLORINE INSTITUTE "C" KIT may cause the catastrophic failure of a chlorine tank car, instantly creating a toxic gas plume with a distance of not less than seven miles. The first mile will have chlorine concentrations of 1,000 ppm, causing death after one or two breaths with no opportunity for escape. TO learn more, see PETITION C KIT, click on "First Responder Warnings."
Rudolph S Caparros Jr December 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM
HazMat Experts and Firefighters petition Dow Chemical and Union Pacific for safe rail tank cars transporting gas chlorine. Secondary containment is a necessary improvement that must be implemented. See--PETITION C KIT for First Responders Comments.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »