Santa Claus makes early rounds through Dunedin neighborhoods starting Dec. 16.
Dunedin firefighters are giving him a lift (along with some of his elves) aboard a fire truck so he can hand out treats to his young fans between Dec. 16 and 23 (between 6 and 9 p.m.). He'll leave each night from around 5:45 p.m., according to fire officials.
Here are the dates and routes firefighters have planned for him:
- Fairway Estates,
- Baywood Shores subdivision,
- Harbor View, and
- Michigan Boulevard to Palm Boulevard.
- Royal Oak,
- Valley and Summit drives,
- Stirling Heights,
- Michigan Boulevard northbound to Curlew Road between Pinehurst Road and County Road 1, and
- Brae Moor, Barcelona and LeGrande drives.
- Michigan Boulevard southbound to San Salvador Drive from the waterfront to Pinehurst Road.
- San Salvador Drive southbound to Main Street from the waterfront to County Road 1.
- Lazy Lake, and
- Bay Street southbound to Virginia Street from the waterfront to Mease Dunedin Hospital,
- Angle Road southbound to Stewart Drive, and
- Downtown southbound to Beltrees Street from the waterfront to New York Avenue.
- Beltrees Street to Union Street from the waterfront to Keene Road,
- McAlpine Apartments.
- Scottsdale area,
- Knollwood area,
- Concord Drive, and
- Windemere Apartments.
(Dunedin Patch will remind you of Santa's neighborhood route daily in 5 Things to Know.)