A Pinellas County Sheriff's Office checkpoint at Tampa Road in Oldsmar netted 10 arrests and five DUI charges overnight Friday.
Various units of the sheriff's office set up the DUI checkpoint at Lockheed Martin, 3655 Tampa Rd., in Oldsmar late Friday and into Saturday morning, according to a media release.
The checkpoint resulted 10 arrests and 16 different charges:
- 5 DUI
- 2 no valid driver's license
- 1 possession of drug paraphernalia
- 2 possession of marijuana
- 1 unlawful possession of a firearm
- 2 driving while license suspended or revoked
- 1 trafficking in Hydromorphone
- 1 possession of Suboxone
- 1 failure to obey lawful command
There were also 16 citations, and 11 vehicles were impounded.
Of the 2,042 vehicles that passed by the checkpoint, 483 were pulled over, according to the release.