Election Day has come and gone. In order to make sense of it all, we created this article where you will find all the info you need about this year's election in Clearwater.
- Clarwater Voters Approve Referendums
- Pinellas County Vote Goes to Barack Obama in 2012
- Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri Defeats Scott Swope
- Scott Swope Concedes to Bob Gualtieri in Pinellas Sheriff Race
- Clearwater Mayor Involved in Dispute Over Precinct Campaign Space
- The Mom Who Votes and the Daughter Who Doesn't
- Pinellas Power Outages Impact Some Polling Locations
- Thousands of Mail Ballots Continue to Pour In
- Voters Experience Zero Wait at Countryside Library
- Election Day Rain Should Clear Out Later Today
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Results:Clearwater Referendum Question 1 Votes Percent of Vote Yes 21,973 51% No 20,479 48% Total Votes Cast 42,452 Clearwater Referendum Question 2 Yes 24,256 56% No 18,827 43% Total Votes Cast 43,083 Pinellas' Vote in the Presidential Race
Barack Obama, Democrat 233,438 52% Mitt Romney, Republican 209,007 46% Total Votes Cast 448,897 Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, Republican 254,918 59% Scott Swope, Democrat 174,088 40% Greg Pound, write-in 1,328 0.3% Total Votes Cast 430,334 Pinellas Supervisor of Elections Deborah Clark, Republican 312,182 75% Jack Killingsworth, no party affiliation 99,215 24% Total Votes Cast 411,397 County Commissioner, District 1 (at large) Neil Brickfield, Republican 184,844 44% Janet C. Long, Democrat 228,398 55% Total Votes Cast 413,242 County Commissioner, District 3 (at large) Nancy Bostock, Republican 197,377 47% Charlie Justice, Democrat 216,852 54% Total Votes Cast 414,229 County Commissioner, District 7 Buck Walz, Republican 30,124 30% Ken Welch, Democrat 68,481 69% Total Votes Cast 98,605 School Board, District 1 (at large) Janet R. Clark, nonpartisan 241,919 65% Elliott Stern, nonpartisan 126,752 34% Total Votes Cast 368,671 School Board, District 7 Rene Flowers, nonpartisan 70,163 77% Glenton "Glen" Gilzean, nonpartisan 20,483 22% Total Votes Cast 90,646 School Board Referendum Question Yes 253,215 63% No 148,022 36% Total Votes Cast 401,237