Many offices in Dunedin and Pinellas County are closed in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day.
The following offices, buildings and parks are OPEN:
- Dunedin Solid Waste pickup is on a regular schedule.
- Honeymoon Island State Park is open.
- The Pinellas County scalehouse/landfill will be open regular hours from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following offices, buildings and parks are CLOSED:
- All City of Dunedin government offices are closed.
- The Dunedin Public Library is closed.
- The Hale Senior Activity Center is closed.
- Pinellas County Schools are closed.
- Pinellas County Animal Services adoption center and offices are closed.
- All Pinellas County government offices are closed.
- Pinellas County beach and boat ramp passes are not available for purchase.
- Courts of the Sixth Judicial Circuit is closed, except for first-appearance hearings and emergency situations.
- Solid Waste Administration Building and the HEC3 facility are closed.
- Administrative offices for County Parks and Conservation Resources are closed.
- The Environmental Education Center at Brooker Creek Preserve is closed.
- The Cultural and Natural History Center at Weedon Island Preserve is closed.
- Heritage Village is closed.
All offices, buildings and parks will return to regular hours on Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Watch Martin Luther King Jr's famous "I Have a Dream" speech on YouTube.