Dunedin and Daytona face off in the Florida State League North Division playoffs this week, Sept. 3 to 5.
The winner advances to the Florida State League Championship series, which starts Sept. 6.
The Dunedin Blue Jays challenge the Daytona Cubs for the North Division title in a best-of-three series starting Tuesday, Sept. 3 at the Cubs' home field in Daytona. The teams continue the best-of series at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium Dunedin starting Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 6:30 p.m.
If a third game is necessary to break a 1-1 tie after just two games, it will be played Thursday, Sept. 5 in Dunedin at 6:30 p.m.
The Dunedin Blue Jays clinched a spot in the playoffs after winning the first half season title in June. The Daytona Cubs sealed their playoff berth on Aug. 27.
Tickets are $7. Call the Blue Jays box office at 727-733-0429.
The first two games of the Florida State League Championships, a best-of-five series between North and South Division winners, will be hosted at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium Sept. 6 and 7, with remaining games (scheduled through Sept. 10 as needed) being played at the home stadium of the South Division finalist, according to a Dunedin Blue Jays news release.
The Dunedin Blue Jays issued the following playoff schedule:
North Division Playoff Schedule:
- Game 1: 7:05 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 3 at Jackie Robinson Ballpark in Daytona
- Game 2: 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 4 6:30 p.m. at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin
- Game 3 (if needed): 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 5 at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin
Florida State League Championship (North vs. South Division)
- Game 1: 6:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 6 at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin
- Game 2: 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 7 at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin
- Game 3: Sunday, September 8th at TBD
- Game 4 (if needed): Monday, Sept. 9 at TBD
- Game 5 (if needed): Tuesday, Sept. 10 at TBD