It's time to dig those the neon leggings, slap bracelets and parachutte pants out of the closet. The 1980s are back in a big way this weekend in Dunedin.
The third annual includes costume contests, face painting and more. It must be fun, because it was voted as the No. 9 event fundraiser in the Tampa Bay Business Journal's "Best in the Biz" Readers' Choice Awards last year.
1) When/Where: Saturday, July 21; 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.; meet at , 420 Main St.
2) To Participate: Either register online in advance or the night of the event (starting at 5 p.m.). The cost $15 for the pub crawl and anywhere from $50 to $75 to join the team scavenger hunt (price includes pub crawl drink tickets; minimum of two participants required). All proceeds benefit Family Network on Disabilities, a Dunedin-based non-profit serving special needs families all over the nation.
3) What to Expect: Costume contest, live music from Rubix Cubed (dubbed "the southeast's biggest band") at the starting at 9 p.m., face and glitter painting, Leanne the Hula Guru, a caricature artist, just to name a few.
4) Parking/Transportation: The Jolley Trolley operates until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Bicycle racks are located at intersection of Pinellas Trail and Main Street, and also at . Public parking lots are at the following locations —
- Douglas Avenue (across from )
- Highland Avenue (behind )
- At the
- At the corner of Main Street and Douglas Avenue (across from )
5) Making Memories: Here's a link to some 1980s fashion trends to help generate costume ideas. Be sure to take lots of pictures and send them to email@example.com to have them featured on Dunedin Patch!
See what else is going on in the Dunedin Patch events calendar!