Curtis Fundamental Elementary
Curtis Fundamental Elementary is part of the countywide Fundamental Schools program. Parents must commit to mandatory involvement if their children are to be enrolled on the campus, which is part of Pinellas County Schools.
As a Fundamental School, Curtis Fundamental Elementary focuses on encouraging student responsibility and implements a strict dress code and a "back-to-basics" structure.
The campus is considered a High Technology School that has Smart Boards in every classroom, a computer lab in the media center and more.
- Hours: School Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2pm Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1976
- Number of students: 536
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: N/A
- Graduation rate (%): 0
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1st grade-3rd grade: 18-1, 4th grade to 5th grade:22-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 33
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school's Student Council interacts with the community. Students collect canned goods for the needy. The gifted program encourages individual students to participate in community involvement.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Student Council, media club, music program, multicultural club