Dunedin Public Library
If you enjoy browsing shelves of novels or leafing through a picture book as you sit in a garden, the Dunedin Public Library is worth checking out.
The city library contains a large collection of books, cds and DVDS within its walls, and it hosts two gardens outside its doors, a reading garden and a butterfly garden. It also offers internet access, rooms for public events and several courses and entertainment programs for adults, teenagers and children.
The library served 376,705 visitors and lent out 600,951 items in 2009.
- Fax: 727-298-3088
- Hours: Mon-Wed, 9:30am-8pm; Thu-Fri, 9:30am-6pm; Sat, 9:30am-5pm; Sun, 1pm-5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Automatic doors, ramp
- Parking: Free lot
- Specialties: The library has a small genealogy collection. A volunteer from the Daughters of the American offers genealogy instruction to patrons.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Book donation information: Books can be donated at the library anytime during business hours, but weekdays are the best time to drop off large deliveries.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No